Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Luke

About a month ago, Luke went in for his 4 year check-up. Every thing was great except for the eye exam part. The pediatrician suggested that we get his eyes checked out. So, today, I took him to the eye doctor. He did fine with one of his eyes but could barely see anything with his other one. He could only see the top picture with his left eye. The doctor has told us that his left eye has sort of shut down and we have to build up its strength. So, he will be getting glasses and have to wear a patch on his good eye. I tried to put it on tonight and he cried and cried for me to take it off. He said he couldn't see. He really couldn't. Then, he thought that he would have to wear it to preschool. He kept saying that everyone would laugh at him. I was kind of surprised that this was even a thought in his head. Susanna would have said this, but I didn't think that Luke would care so much. He will not have to wear it to preschool since he only has to wear it for 6 hours a day. If you see him, please tell him what a cool pirate he is. I am so surprised that his sight was so bad, yet, looking back there were definitely some red flags. Luke likes to play soccer but gets very frustrated when he tries to catch a ball. He usually refuses to try. The doctor said that he probably sees 2 balls coming at him. He also falls all of the time. I always attributed it to the fact that he is always on the go. But I am thankful that we have caught this now and that we have so many ways to help his eyes get stronger. God is good. Even when we hit these little bumps in the road, He is good. I'll have to shamefully admit that many times in the past year, I have my own doubts and fears that sometimes cripple me. When I cry out to Him, I sometimes wonder is He really listening? Does he care about my little problems and worries? I love this verse " 1My voice rises to God, and I will (A)cry aloud; My voice rises to God, and He will hear me." He will hear me. That's all we need most of the time is to know that He hears and that He is listening. I just love that verse because it is so matter of fact, "He hears me." There's no doubt in that verse. He is good!

No comments: