Monday, June 2, 2008

Dance to Jesus

I cannot say enough about how neat Susanna's dance recital was. Susanna has wanted to do dance for so long. I had considered it and thought that it may be a great way to instill in her confidence and gracefulness. Last year, Jeff and I went to sign her up at a local studio. But, as soon as we walked in a few little girls were walking out acting and dressed in a way that we were pretty uncomfortable about. We had told her that it was probably not going to be something she would be able to do. Earlier this year, we had heard that a friend of ours had opened her own dance and art studio. It's called Masterpiece Studios. The verse that they got their name from is Ephesians 2:10 which says,
"For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things He planned for us long ago."
Isn't that great?

You would not have seen a more beautiful sight than seeing all of the girls dancing to "Come to Jesus". It made me cry. I, like the owner of this studio, grew up hearing about how terrible dancing was. But, this was the most worshipful and exciting thing I have seen in a long time. They did some fun songs too, but the whole night was centered around God. It's so great to have found such a great place for Susanna to learn dance. Oh, and let me say, she surprised the socks off of me. I thought that she would be shy, but she really got into it. She looked beautiful and made Jeff and I both wonder where she got her rhythm from. It definitely was not from us.

Now, if we could just find a soccer league like this...

3 comments:

Faith said...

Hey Melanie! I'm so glad you stopped by! Of course I remember you...and when I saw that picture of Susanna's graduation I thought, she looks just like you! I have been reading a little about your precious family and what has been going on with y'all.
This made me cry just reading about her recital....oh my word, how sweet is this! What a blessing to have a studio like this to go to.
P.S. I am definitely taking orders and would love to do some embroidery for you! Feel free to email me (in my profile) and we can talk about it more!

the burchard bunch said...

What a great post! I have been looking for something just like this for Abby... I'm going to call them tomorrow!

Kristin said...

Melanie ~

I tagged you on my blog!