Sunday, February 3, 2008

Susanna at Church


A few months ago, I had posted about a picture of Susanna from church. This is one of my favorite pictures. It was in the church office, but my brother in law, Chris, had copied it and showed it to us. I came across this picture today when I really needed to see it. The kids have been on their absolute worst behavior. All of them . I feel like a terrible failure. We have had to make some major adjustments as a family today. (This means new rules) We are cancelling cable and are severely limiting the computer and leapsters. They have seemed to take over their attitudes and their desires. And I have let them. I have let the TV babysit one too many times. Now, I am seeing the fruit of being a lazy parent. A coincidence that I saw this picture for the first time in awhile? I don't think so, but a gentle reminder of what I truly want my children's desires to be.

1 comment:

Renae said...

Oh, you are so right about the television! We haven't tossed ours in the trash yet, but since extremely limiting it, life is so much more peaceful.

I heard one Christian lady call it "hell-ivision", and I think she was right on target!

Nice blog. Lovely family.

Renae
www.renaebrumbaugh.com