Saturday, March 15, 2008

Birthdays


Do you ever feel like birthdays and holidays are taking over the year or quickly sending you to the poor house? I do and I am a little overwhelmed thinking about the 2 new ones that we will be celebrating this year. I mean, it seems as if it is always a holiday or a birthday to celebrate. Every time I turn around, I have either realized that I need to run to the store to get a present or that I've completely blown it and forgotten it. I'm just not good with them and am always giving belated gifts. The reason I am thinking about this is that today is my Dad's birthday. As much as I complain or feel overwhelmed with keeping up with all of the special days, I wish more than anything that we still had his to celebrate. We will still honor this day but it's not the same as celebrating it. I am so thankful for the lives that each birthday represents and am reminded today to cherish and appreciate them. Losing a birthday is such a hard thing to accept.

Dad, we miss you and love you so much! I cannot wait for the day we will all be celebrating together.

As I type this in the car on the way home from Birmingham, there is a huge rainbow in the sky. It is the most brilliant rainbow Jeff and I have ever seen. Thank you Lord, on this day of remembrance, for a sign of your promise of hope. I know that rainbow was for me.

I took a picture of it and will post it when I get home.

No comments: