Thursday, January 11, 2007

A Heart of Worship

Tonight we had our family Bible Study at Holly's. Mom led it this week and it was about something that the Lord had been working on my heart for quite a while. The passage was Psalm 24. We studied about having clean hands, a pure heart, having no other idols, or swearing by what is false. But the part that I've been thinking about all night is verse 7,"Lift up your heads, O ye gates; be lifted up, you ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in." There are so many gates and doors in my life that have prevented me from living a spirit filled life. All of the legalism, my sin, my own stubbornness, etc.. I feel like God has shown me how wrapped up in the rules of being a Christian I have been. Jeff and I have been going to Elevation Church for about 6 or 7 months now. When I first visited I couldn't help but think that 1. I am older than the pastor 2. The music is way too loud 3. There are way to many people raising their hands 4. The pastor is wearing jeans 5. The sermon is way too practical. I am ashamed to even type this. But every week I wanted to come back and I couldn't imagine being anywhere else. I can't believe how wrapped up in tradition I was. The Lord has been radically changing so many people's lives in front of mine own eyes. It is so exciting to see this! His Word is so powerful and alive! He has just shown me that if I don't open up those barriers I'm going to miss out on some awesome things.

No comments: