Sunday, May 6, 2007




I cannot believe that Eli is 1 today! How can it have gone this fast? I have thoroughly enjoyed Elijah as a baby. It's not that I have not enjoyed the others, but Eli has caused me the least amount of stress or worry. I just enjoy the routine of having him as my baby. Susanna was my first. I remember feeling so clueless about taking care of a baby. I had babysat my whole life, but when it is your own child, it's sooo scary. Then, Luke had terrible reflux. Somedays, he would be so hungry because he could not keep anything down. When Sam was born, and they took him away, I cried so much that my eyes were almost swollen shut. His whole infancy was filled with uncertainty. Is he breathing? Will he keep his food down? etc... But Elijah has hardly been sick. Everything seems to be so normal. I definitely still don't feel like I know what I'm doing, but for the most part I'm much more relaxed. Elijah is taking a few steps and getting into everything. There is nothing that is untouched when he comes into a room! When he smiles, he wrinkles up his nose like I used to. He loves to go outside. He will stand by the door and point outside until you take him out. Luke loves to wrestle with him. It scares me to death, but Elijah will just laugh so hard. It's so funny! When Sam and Luke watch a video, Eli will crawl up to them and sit between them. Then, he just keeps looking at both of them and laughs. I think that just sums it up. He loves to be in the middle of things and usually is. Right now he calls me "Nana" and Jeff "Dadda". Here are some pictures of our little party we had tonight. Please notice that his hair was done by his aunt Katie, not me...





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Melanie,

You know when he was begging. He just wanted me to pick him up!