Saturday, April 28, 2007

Africa

I cannot seem to get the hang of posting regularly. I have so many things to write about which makes me delay posting even longer. Tonight, we went to a prayer meeting for my mom and her friend Terri. They will be leaving to go to Cameroon on Thursday and will be there for almost 3 weeks. Terri and her husband have been going back and forth to Africa for some time now and they are overseeing a school and church being built there. She showed us the movie that they made throughout their trips. You could not watch them without getting a sense of urgency for the people of Africa. Mom and Terri will be teaching at their school and leading Bible clubs and Bible studies as well as taking them some much needed supplies. I think that they said that 40 dollars would supply a family of 12 food for 3 months. Wow! I am so proud of my Mom. She has been through so much yet she continues to draw strength from the Lord. She hates to fly and here she goes flying to Africa. God told her to go and she's going despite all of her fears. But she is so excited to go. She's never been able to go on a mission trip.(She said that we were her mission field) The last time that Terri went was at Christmas time this year. Over 169 people gave their lives to the Lord. I just cannot imagine! How awesome to see! I cannot wait to hear of what God is doing and will do in Africa. I have only been on 2 mission trips, both to Mexico. What a wake up call it was to us teenagers to see the people of Mexico who had so little but willing to give whatever they had. I will never forget that experience and the burden that God put in my heart for those people.

No comments: