Sunday, November 4, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Today is my Mom's Birthday! I love you, Mom! I just wanted to give you a little top ten list just to show you I care.

Top 10 Reasons Why You Gotta Love Our Mom:

10. She was the only Mom I knew that required her girls to wear hair bows everyday....until high school. I even feel guilty on the days Susanna doesn't have one in her hair.
9. Mom with a brush was a deadly combination. It meant she was either jerking the knots out of our hair or spanking us with the back of one.
8. She hired the best babysitters around. Well, if you don't count the one who stole her jewelry or the one who smacked us with a tape measurer.
7. She taught us all the staples of a good diet: Twizzlers and a Diet Coke.
6. I won't go too much into the details of this one, but my Mom, bless her heart, when she couldn't feed me, she let her best friend help. : )
5. She is pretty, smart and witty. Or was that pretty smart and witty?
4. She set so many fun traditions for our family for holidays that we all get just as excited about Christmas as the kids do. We used to all bounce on the bed on Christmas Eve and yell, "Tomorrow's Christmas!" Chris said that Holly still does it.
3. She has taught us all the importance of being in church. She still checks in with us. Not in a Mom way, but we know that we better be able to tell her that we were at church or we'll get that look.
2. She has set an example of being in the Word daily. She knows His Word and we have always seen her Bible out on her bed for as long as I can remember.
1. She loved our Dad through sickness and health. She set such an example of loving her husband through it all. It wasn't an easy road, but she was so strong.


Happy Birthday, Mom! We love you! You know that I do since I didn't post that picture. I had such a great witty caption for that picture too. It would have been hilarious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Melanie,
Thanks for not posting the picture. And the hairbow rule could be exempted for a ribbon around a rubber band. You turned out OK inspite of me and the clepto babysitter!
You were always my favorite,
MOM