Tuesday, November 6, 2007

A New Leaf

Guess What? I am working really hard at becoming a better cook. There has always been a reason or excuse not to, but my time has come. Much to Jeff's delight, I am getting a little better. I am definitely not a Martha Stewart or even a Rachel Ray but I'm working on it. I will never be a Martha Stewart, her recipes scare me. I have never heard of half of the ingredients that she uses. Am I the only one? Well, in this endeavor, I have found a few good recipes and would like to share one tonight. Here it goes:

Apple Harvest Tart

1c. all purpose flour 1 egg
1/2 c butter 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 c. sugar,divided 3 apples peeled and sliced
2 tsp vanilla extract,divided Garnish with sliced almonds
8 oz pkg of cream cheese


Mix the flour,butter,1/3 cup sugar and 1 tsp vanilla; spread on the bottom of a round pie plate coated with non stick spray. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Blend cream cheese,egg,1/3 cup sugar and remaining vanilla together and spread over the baked crust. In a plastic zip lock bag, place remaining sugar and cinnamon and apples; shake until apple slices are well coated. Place apples on top filling mixture. Sprinkle almonds over all. Bake at 325 for 30-35 minutes. Makes 8-10 servings.

This is very good and can be made with light butter and light cream cheese. :0

No comments: