Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Questions

Dear Father,

Today, my grief is washing over me. I know that you say that we will never be given more than we can handle. Today, I'm not so sure. I want so desperately to hold Andrew again. I want to touch his blond hair and remind myself of all of his sweet features. I'm so afraid that I will forget what he looked like. I want to go get him. I want to scream at the doctors and find someone to blame for all of this. It makes me feel less of the guilt that I feel . Was it the long car ride that I had just taken? The warm bath? I just want to know if he struggled in me to breathe or did You take him quickly? I can't bear to see my daughter crying anymore. I don't know what to tell her because I don't understand myself. I walked in her room today and she was crying with the little bear that was on Andrew's casket. She didn't want me to see her crying because she knew I would cry. She hurts so much and I cannot bear to see her in such pain. How am I supposed to respond when my little boy points to my stomach several times a day and says, Baby Drew, all gone? What do I do with my time? I don't even know what to do anymore. You do promise to be faithful. Lord, please help us as we try to understand all of this. We need you. We so desperately need you.

10 comments:

Jenny said...

My heart just breaks for you as I read your post today! I'm at a loss for words except that I am praying for you! I pray that you would be filled with peace today! A peace that passes all understanding!!!!

Hugs!!!!!!!

Faith said...

I am so sorry Melanie. I wish there were answers to these questions. Please know that I am lifting you up to the Father. Love, Faith

God, You promise that You are near to the brokenhearted, so I pray that You would be so near to Melanie at this very moment that she would feel Your arms around her. Please comfort Your children and ease their pain. I know You hurt when we hurt and that You share in our burdens, I ask that You carry it all for Jeff, Melanie and their precious children. Be their God of all hope, peace and comfort.
In the strong Name of Jesus, Amen.

{darlene} said...

Oh, I am so so sorry for your pain and unanswered hurts. I am praying for you and your family right now... and especially for your tender hearted daughter.
Praying from far away, that He will hold you in his arms,
Darlene

Kim McCutcheon said...

Melanie,
Not sure if you remember me, but we go to Elevation. I did childcare with you at the Union campus and work at Metrolina Christian. I found your site through your sisters. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Your family will be in my prayers during this difficult time.
Kim McCutcheon

Kristin said...

Melanie ~

I wish there were answers now to every question you have. All I know for sure is that our God is good. And He knows all the answers. I hope that gives you comfort.

Praying for a peace that passes all your understanding.

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Joel and I were so sad to hear of your loss. We cannot even begin to imagine the overwhelming grief you and your entire family are experiencing! I can only take Him at His Word...."In our weakness, His strength is made perfect." We are praying for you.

Anonymous said...

We are so sorry to hear of your loss. We have no idea what this might be like and can only imagine how hard this must be for you and your family. Tina and I have discussed what we might say to help ease the pain but frankly, I don't know that there is anything. I do think of Job, all he went through, and how God rewarded him for his faithfulness. That's a lot to grasp right now so we just pray that the Lord give you the peace that passes all understanding.


For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 2 Corinthians 4:17

Holly said...

i love you, mel. keep trusting.

Anonymous said...

Hi Melanie,
My name is Jeralin, I am a friend of Holly's here in FL. I'm so sorry for your loss. My heart aches for you and your family. I want to find words to comfort you however nothing seems adequate so I hope you find comfort in knowing I am praying for you and your family.

Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you. 2 Thessalonians 3:16

Anonymous said...

Melanie & Family, I can't not begin to imagine what pain your family is going through right now and I wish there were some words of comfort that can alleviate the insurmountable amount of pain that your dealing with. I wish that I can promise time will heal - but time is such a small word with such a big meaning. Truth is, there's no right or wrong way to deal with such a precious loss. And if there were, I would have to say, You're on the right track - you're crying out to YOUR heavenly Father who is holding your hand ever so tightly while walking you through this difficult time.

Lord, I pray expectantly that you shower Melanie and her family with strength and a peace that surpasses all understanding - that peace that only comes from you. In Jesus' name - Amen!

Psalm 62:5
Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.

With much love,
Gloria
(a friend of Holly's)