Monday, August 25, 2008

Sigh of Relief...

Today was a big day for Susanna. She started the first grade at a new school . I have been so worried about her and desperately wanted her to have a great day. Jeff and I were not able to keep her at the school that she was attending because of the cost of sending her and her brother there. So, we have been praying that God would surround our kids with great teachers and wonderful friends. I even bargained with the Lord last night. I was feeling so overwhelmed with panic. I am told that grieving will do this. If you have ever faced death, you will know how afraid you become of everything. I have been checking on all of my kids and my husband multiple times in the night just to make sure that they are breathing. I know, I sound like a crazy person. As I was up last night, I just asked the Lord to confirm this decision that we had made about Susie and Luke's school. (Luke doesn't start until Thursday.) I begged Him to please help Susanna have a special friend at this new school. She needs this. Well, Susanna came running out to the car and her mouth was running a mile a minute. She said that her friend from her preschool was in her class! This is a friend whose family I have always kind of admired from afar. They have, I think, 8 kids in their family. AND the Mom always has her hair done! Can you imagine? I am so thankful that she had a great day. Now, I just to have to get through Luke's first day on Thursday.
My heart was comforted today after reading
this blog. She is the daughter-in-law of John Piper. Last year, she had a stillborn daughter in her 39th week of pregnancy. She just gave birth to a son, Morrow John Piper. They named him this from the verse,"Weeping endures for a night, but joy comes in the morning." She writes about the heartache that she has endured and is still enduring. Her prayer for her children was that they will all know God. She said that she realized that she will never have to pray that for her daughter. It has already been fulfilled. It gave me some comfort today. I didn't want it that way, but I cannot ask for more than that.

3 comments:

the burchard bunch said...

I am so glad Susie had such a great 1st day! God is so good.... it constantly amazes me.

I'll be praying on Thursday :)

BRANDY said...

Hey Melanie,
Nicholas also starts kindergarten on Thursday. Steve refused to send him to private school "unless there is a problem and we need to" so he is starting in public school. The constant prayer for me for the past year has been that God will put them in the right classrooms for them and that He will be with him. I was having panic attacks and I have been very worried and upset. However, God reminded me that He loves my sons even more than I do and when I found out who their teachers were, I cried with relief. I am with you about being worried, sending them off to who knows what. My heart was so comforted as I was reminded about His greater love. I know that your two will be in good hands this fall. And if you need a good cry about sending Luke off on Thursday,I'm only a phone all away. I'll be here, crying over Nicholas.

:) Brandy

Jean said...

Melanie,

Broken hearts are the most tender, Dear Mommie. We continue to pray for you and your family. Take each day as it comes. Give yourself lots of permission to grieve, cry, hurt, be angry, and be sad. Those emotions are a healing balm for your heart.

And isn't God wonderful to answer those "little" prayers that are so big to us?

Grace and Peace,
Jean
http://www.jeanmatthewhall.blogspot.com