Saturday, November 22, 2008

A Couple of Projects

I love reading this blog! She gives so many ideas on how to decorate on a budget. I love it! It's so much more fun to decorate your house with stuff from yard sales, thrift stores, and clearance racks. I mean, anyone can go to Pottery Barn and buy stuff from their catalog, but who wants to be anyone? :) Well, I took a few of her ideas and this is what I came up with. This is a garland of fabric and ribbons that I used for Susanna's room. The only thing that I bought was the wooden letter S at Michaels for $2.49. For the fabric, I went through some of her old clothes that had the same colors in it that we were using and cut them into strips. We had a good time putting this together.







Just recently she gave tips on how to make a garland for your fireplace. Mine is not nearly as cute as hers but is an improvement from last year. Well, that's not saying much, because I didn't have one last year. :) Baby steps, right?



I didn't have enough garland to make mine as full as hers. I could go and buy some but that would defeat the purpose. Check her blog out. She will be showing everyone how to make a wreath next week.

3 comments:

paige said...

very nice!!!!! looks great!!!! i have to say though...i think my favorite decor in all the house was the pink guitar on Susanna's wall! how cool is she!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Faith said...

Look at you! You did a great job on them all!!

Holly said...

ooohhh, i like both of those. i need to do one of those garlands for annie....or maybe you could do one for her for christmas???? just a thought...her room is purple and white with a little pink, yellow and green...just in case.