Thursday, November 13, 2008

Pray, Pray, Pray

I have added a link to the side of my blog about praying for our children. It is the sweetest thing that I have seen. Please check it out for ways to pray for your child, your grandchildren, etc.. My Mom also gave me a list of things to pray for when praying for them. She and Gene use it as they pray for their 14 grandchildren. Here are some ideas:

Spiritual:
1. Salvation
2. Love His Word
3. Desire to Learn Word
4. Obedient to Word
5. Witnesses
6. Soul winner
7.Prayerful
8. Sensitive Spirit toward God
9. Contrite Heart toward sin in their lives
10. Mission Minded
11. Humility
12. Purity
13. Buoyant Spirit
14. Faith
15. Faithfulness
16. Thankful
17. Spiritual Songs in their Heart
18. Bold
19. Wise all around
20. Listens to Godly Instruction
21. Responsible to God

Mental
1. Choose and enjoy good reading material
2. Memorizes Scripture
3. Logical thinking
4. Desires to learn new things
5. Learns from mistakes of others
6. Ability to organize
7. Disciplined mind
8. Curious/creative
9. Proper Priorities
10. Learn to handle Money wisely
11. Initiative to DO
12. Common Sense :)
13. Loves instruction
14. Appreciates good criticism

Emotional

  1. Compassion
  2. Forgiving
  3. Unconditional love for family and others
  4. Able to show Love
  5. Self control
  6. Stability in mind
  7. Submission
  8. Accepts Discipline
  9. Thoughtfulness
  10. Thankfulness
  11. Honesty
  12. Healing of emotional hurts
  13. Meekness
  14. Flexibility
  15. Accepts others as they are
  16. Patience
  17. Contentment
  18. Truthful

Physical

  1. Strong
  2. Heals quickly
  3. Sticktoitiveness :)
  4. Desire to eat healthy foods:)
  5. Enjoys wholesome hobbies
  6. Safe, proper competitive spirit
  7. Endurance
  8. Self Control
  9. Not afraid of work
  10. Hard worker
  11. Dependable
  12. Punctual
  13. Accepts personal appearance (that which cannot be changed)
  14. Affectionate
  15. Cleanliness

Social

  1. Hospitable, Friendly
  2. Loyal to what is right
  3. Wholesome friends
  4. Quality people who will guide them
  5. Able to reach out to help others
  6. Able to share Gospel clearly
  7. Able to choose good friends Prov. 13:20
  8. Mate- saved and desires to be obedient to the Lord
  9. Keeps his testimony clean
  10. Selfless
  11. Fair with others
  12. Generous but thrifty
  13. Individuality
  14. High standards for self

I love this list. It gives me direction in what to pray for my children as well as how I need to train them. Many of the things that I know my children need to work on are ones that I need to also. Isn't that how it usually works? I had to laugh at the one that says "selects good reading material". We had an issue with this last week. Luke brought home a reading book that I would not read to him. It had to do with Halloween in an aspect that we clearly do not agree with. It just had a lot of creepy pictures. It turned out to be a great discussion. I explained to him that he is to make good choices when he selects books. He knew that it was not a good choice. He returned it to his teacher. While I was at his school for his Fall Party, she came and told me that she totally agreed with my decision about the book. She even told Luke that he should probably not pick that one. She let me know that in the future she would watch out for this and that we were on the same page. Yea! Now, Luke is very alert to picking out books and making good decisions.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a great list! I am going to print it and keep it with my devotional stuff! I don't think I would have thought to pray that my children would select good/appropriate reading material...now I will!

the burchard bunch said...

great post:) I love the list, but what I love even more is knowing how blessed your children are to have grandparents that pray all of these for them! Your family continues to amaze me:-)

Unknown said...

This is a great list. I am going to print it out and use it. Thanks!

Jean said...

I love dropping in on your family occasionally. What a wonderful prayer list for our children & grandchildren. Please tell your Mom I love it!

Happy Thanksgiving Day to you and all of yours.

Jean Hall