Saturday, June 23, 2007

Cricket

Today, we are celebrating Kristi's birthday. I thought for the occasion that I would write the top ten things that make my sister so unique.

Top Ten List
10. She says, "Nesty" when she really means "Nasty". She says this all of the time.
9. She is the only one that I know that mispronounces her own name. On her voicemail it says, "This is Kr-i-e-s-ty." She is the only one of us that has such an accent.
8. If something is about to fall or she sees that you are about to get clobbered in the head by a falling object, she will just cover her ears. No, she doesn't come to your rescue, she just covers those ears and watches the action.
7. All of the kids love her. Is it the fact that she always brings candy?
6. She is the only one I know that can eat peanut M&M's and not a gain an ounce. It's enough to make me sick.
5. I will never forget the time that I threw a stool at Holly when I was little. (Very little) She reminded me of that incident anytime she needed to. For years, she would threaten me with that. She still does. Ok, Kristi, it is out in the open. Mom knows now!
4. She knows what she likes. She will never wear bright clothes or big earrings. Never!
3. She will watch the same movies over and over. I cannot understand this. I feel that one time is plenty, but Kristi will say that they are having a movie night. I will ask what they are watching and she will say something like, While You Were Sleeping, Sleepless In Seattle, or Ever After. She will enjoy them each time as if it were the first time watching it.
2. On a more serious note, she is very loyal. Rarely will utter a negative comment about anyone. She gets this from my Dad. And Mom too!:)
1. I think that I should have saved number 2 for number 1 on the list. I wanted to end it on a good note. So, just switch them in your head. Kristi loves a new adventure. She is on her 3rd or 4th college now. Hey, change is good!
Love you, Kristi! Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melanie,

Thanks for the list. I'll have you know that I have ventured to wear a few big earrings recently. :) And the story about the stool was actually me throwing it at Holly and her holding it against me.

Anonymous said...

She's right, Mel. Kristi threw the stool at me, and boy did I get a lot of favors for a few months out of that one!!

Melanie said...

I should have known that it was Holly. She always had such a temper.:)