Friday, June 29, 2007

Zones

Today, Holly and I took the kids to the fabric store (Holly's idea) and then to ChickfilA to let the kids play on the playground. Every time that we do this, we realize that it is so hard to get anything done with all of the kids. Holly thought that maybe we could handle all going to the fabric store. No! I remember those days with my Mom. Out of all the stores to go with her, it was our least favorite. She would take hours deciding on what to buy. I think that our kids had the same opinion. They were going crazy. We try to get most of our errands ran on Fridays. I can usually handle them at Target, at Walmart, the grocery stores, some restaurants(kid friendly ones). I have named these the Green Zone. The kids will behave and everyone expects kids to be in those stores. Then, we have a few places considered the Yellow Zone. This means that they are mildly hazardous. It could work out and the kids will be great or it could turn into a disaster. These places are the Mall, Lowes or Home Depot, or places like TJ Maxx or Ross. I think that the problem with these stores is that the kids don't have much to look at. But, there are some places that I rarely venture with the kids: the library, the fabric store, Doctor's Appointments, and fine specialty stores. I would refer to these as the Red Zone. These places are extremely hazardous. No, I do not shop at fine specialty stores. But if I were to, I wouldn't bring the kids. These places do not appreciate kids with an extra bit of energy. If we go to any of these places, I can count on a few stern looks from workers and it makes me nervous. So , we avoid these.


The kids did have fun at ChickfilA though. It was about 100 degrees, but they didn't seem to mind. Sam and Eli were so funny trying to keep up with the big kids on the playground. We had a good day! Tomorrow morning, Susie and I have a date...yard sale. Susie loves it.

No comments: