Sunday, June 17, 2007

Wilmington


Have you ever asked the Lord for confirmation on something that He has told you to change or do in your life? Last week ,the Lord had been telling me something that I needed to change and do. I, being a hard-headed person, asked the Lord to reveal it clearly. I even asked Him to pound me in the head with it, so that it would be so clear to me. Well, He did! In an article that I was reading, it had a statement about the very thing that God was dealing with me. Then, in the neatest way, God revealed it again. Jeff and I went to Wilmington to get away and refocus. Jeff had arranged that we would take a 1 hour carriage ride tour. By the way, it is such a beautiful city! Well, our driver was a young man, about our age I would guess. He began to talk to us about the city and then asked us if we were born again believers. After we told him that we were, he said that he just wanted to share with us what the Lord has been revealing to him. He got out his Bible and began to read to us from Joel and Zechariah. Two books of the Bible that are not given a lot of attention. Well, he shared with us and encouraged us the whole hour. It was awesome. He loved the Lord and it was evident that the Lord brought him to us to speak encouragement as well as convict me about the very thing that God had already been dealing with me on. The verses that he read were just the words that I needed to hear. (mostly Joel 2) Yes, he read most of the chapter. Well, as we were getting out, he asked if he could pray with us. I don't believe in coincidences. God had ordained that carriage ride long before Jeff had secretly arranged it. He put that man there to speak the words that we needed to hear. How awesome is that! And, Sunday, our Pastor spoke to us about Jonah, his disobedience, his sleep, etc... It was a powerful sermon and just what I needed to hear. 25 people got saved at our campus. I will tell about that later tonight! The Lord will not let us sleep when changes need to be made. He definitely made it to clear to me. I love that about the Lord. He draws us to Him and even answers our requests for confirmation.

No comments: