Saturday, January 10, 2009

I think I'm Going to Try This Blogging Thing Once Again!:)

I just can't seem to get back into the swing of things. Our family had a great Christmas together. But, it has been hard to say the least. My heart aches for my baby. Yes, I've been blessed beyond measure with four babies on this side of Heaven, but I want Drew back. I wonder if I'll ever go more than a few minutes without losing my breath when I am reminded that he died. I am reminded when I see pregnant ladies in the mall, a mom holding her baby, when I get that email newsletter that I can't seem to block always stating, "this week in your baby's development", every time I look at my boys, etc... No matter what I do, I don't understand death. It scars us, leaving us permanently disfigured as we walk through this life. I can still go through this life happy but I'll never have the carefree feeling that I once had. Death has touched me and I'll never be the same. I appreciate so much each of your prayers. I know that they are what get me through each and every day.Sometimes when I am so overwhelmed and I feel as if my heart will completely break from crying, He gives me strength to press forward. I am certain that it is because of my friends and familys' prayers.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Welcome back, friend.

Megan said...

Melanie, your writing is so beautiful and touching. I love you guys and I pray for you all the time!

Anonymous said...

Love and many prayers for you my dear daughter!

Jenny said...

God has placed you and your sweet family on my heart so many times! Just know that we are praying for you guys!

I'm so glad you are blogging again!